A Father's Love: Man's Work


A glow comes with unconditional love. There's also a love in seeing that glow radiate from other fathers. I know the feeling of that glow. Sydney and Skyler fill me so much joy. Describing it is almost impossible with words. I can describe the glow with a smile. Goosebumps describes it for me. I can describe it with tears.


A few Summer's past, Sydney was going back to Texas via Southwest Airlines. The plan was for me to get a pass so I could sit with her at the boarding gate. Longs lines and waiting killed the plan so my last opportunity to see her was at the TSA line. I watched and waited as she went through. She waved to me once she was done. I stood a little while longer and watched her until she disappeared in the crowd. As soon as I turned to leave, tears flowed. I was inconsolable walking back to my car.


The glow is difficult. The glow sets the emotional tone of your child. For my girls, I want them to immerse in the glow instead of searching for the glow. The glow is also difficult because of physical separation. Anytime I'm not with my baby girls, I ache. The glow dims a bit such as a candle dims a solemn room. The glow doesn't diminish in love. It dims simply in light. I anticipate the brightness in seeing my girls again.


I can't wrap my brain around the thinking of father's who don't have the glow. Society needs that glow. It radiates within the family and the community. Accept the glow and all should appreciate it. Make Father's Day for men again. Most importantly, make the worth of Father's everyday.

Comments