Black Women Revived My Vibe


The week was good and I can thank the Black women I've known and recently met. I was in Walmart getting deodorant and a few other bathroom items. A Black female associate was on a 6' ladder stocking body wash. Why not a step ladder? If she had only a step ladder, she would have been on the top step which is unsafe and believe me, Walmart doesn't want those problems. While stocking, she dropped a bottle. She was about to step down but I tapped her on the back of her thigh. I'm talking about the part of the thigh that meets the booty cheek. I'm talking about the part of the thigh that is often grabbed in passionate encounters. I'm talking about the part of the thigh that fills jeans. I immediately knew I tapped a private area so in less than a second, I scooped the bottle and handed it to her. Quickly... so I could apologize. When I did, she smiled and said no problem. "I'm alright" left her lips with a lingering smile that made my week and possibly made my month. 

Despite her assurance, I still felt like a pervert but the black-girl-magic kept going as the week expired. Santi is an aspiring model. We've wanted to work together but the blahs of life kept getting in the way. Her and her family moved back to New Orleans from Lafayette. While doing that, she was planning a birthday party for her husband. She asked if I wanted to be there. Without hesitation, I hopped on it. I finally wanted to meet her and her husband. They are unicorns in the Black Community. They have an open marriage yet they have been together happily for more than two decades. As her husband Choppa told me while pointing at his beaming wife. , "I put 2 babies in there."


They both have infectious personalities. A Black Liberation organizer has been trying to get his "followers" to have discussions about accepting polygamy. One of the questions he raised: If adding a responsible female to the family (polygamy), raised the average black household income by 35% wouldn't it be an advancement in black culture? Personally I don't have a valid point regarding open marriages or polygamy. I know I'm not ready for either. My opinion is either spiritually grounded people or the loony have reasons for those lifestyles. The former know what they are doing as it benefits the whole. The latter do it for oppressive reasons with the only validations for their lunacy being voices from the Bible.

I'm disappointed by the current oppressiveness of us (Black Men) on Black Women. I see and hear it mostly from the entertainment sector. The music is overtly sexual. Some Rap music degrades Black women. Unfortunately, despite the overt disrespect, some Black women are still dancing to R. Kelly, Too Short and Lil Wayne music. Still unfortunately, I hear demeaning comments about Black women from Black men who don't have their own shit together. They have nerve to be ugly and have colorism issues. "I only want redbones." But, at least they will be with Black women. There are coon ass Black men who reject Black women completely. Fortunately, there are plenty Black women who keep the community greased and who still stand by Black men mostly with the brilliance of their being.


I was grateful for Santi's invitation. I didn't know I would meet so many good natured people who had genuine interests in networking, hiring Urban504 Photography, dancing at a party - giving face for my camera... I met personalities I probably wouldn't meet outside of Santi and Choppa's circle. There are many social media frauds. Their personality splits. The person they want to be is usually on Facebook. Santi is the same person. She's whole and that aura shows. It shines. She is a dichotomy of who women are and what Black women are perceived to be. She loves and adores her husband. He's her king. She submits to him while still being the strongest person in the house. There is a difference between an independent woman and a lonely woman. Women aren't here to be pegged into a hole. There's no rigidly moral place for women. They should be left to do godly things. Black men should be their protectors against any and all detractors. I was in a good place by being in their company. I felt weak and protected. I also felt optimistic that I can soon live up to the king Black Women expect me to be.





  



Comments